Kuala Lumpur, malaysia
2.97 Malaysian Ringgit
Next stop: Bali, Indonesia
| || |
I got here, late on February 28, and left late on March 3, so I hardly did justice to Malaysia.
And, truthfully, I was rather bored by KL
THUS, not much for you to peruse.
On March 1 we took a full day bus tour, with no commentary, so whatever we saw was mostly unknown.
- The KL airport is the least modern of any airports I have visited in SE Asia. There's an interminable walk, in the outside heat and humidity, to and from aircraft... no attached jet bridges.
- It takes about 45 minutes taxi ride from airport to KL, along a very well maintained 4 lane highway.
- Malaysia is, I suspect, going after the palm oil and coconut oil markets. There are immense plantations beside the highway from the airport to KL city. Kilometre after kilometre of neat rows of palm trees stretching into the distance.
- There's also a plethora of construction going on adjacent to the highways; apartments, houses, commercial buildings... although a lot seems to be unfinished and abandoned. Perhaps I drove by during coffee breaks.
- Malaysia's police are more obviously present than in other countries, and they drive really neat motorcycles!